When you need that Chinese comfort food!!!
What you need…
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup zucchini noodles
- 1 cup shirataki noodles (one bag)
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt
- A pinch of 5 spice
- 5oz of steak (I used New York strip)
How to make it…
- Heat your pan (I used a cast iron skillet) spray a little Pam and once the skillet is very hot. Place your steak in it.
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce a dash of sea salt and a dash of pepper.
- Cook for about 5 min each side until you reach your liking of steak done-ness (I know it’s not a real word)
- Whenever your steak is done place on a plate and set to the side until it’s time to slice.
- While that’s cooking drain and rinse the shirataki noodles
- Heat a pan on the stove and wait until it’s hot. Spray one spray of Pam then cook the shirataki noodles until they are dry/firm
- One they are done heat a pot on the stove and cook your 1/2 minced garlic for about 2 min.
- Add your water and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling lower the temp to simmer the zucchini noodles, mushrooms and spinach.
- Once the spinach is wilted add in the shirataki noodles and spices
- Now it’s time to slice your steak
- Transfer your soup to a bowl and place your 5oz sliced steak and chives on top.
This is one complete lean and green meal, 2.5 condiments