It’s so nice to have comfort food and not be overly stuffed!!! Thanks to Optavia I’m able to create such a thing!!!
What you need…
- 4oz of rotisserie chicken (I just picked one up at the store)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 TBSP butter
- Spices : parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, sage
How to make it…
- Cook your green beans and your celery until tender
- Blend your mushrooms and your almond milk together until it’s a good liquid then add it to your celery and green beans
- Add on your chicken broth and spices. I didn’t measure them 😬 but probably a pinch of onion and garlic powder 1/4 tsp sage and 1/2 tsp of parsley.
- Bring it to a boil and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- While that’s cooking go ahead and pull all your chicken off the bones and make sure you pull the skin off too.
- Now let’s get the dumplings ready!
- Mix your Optavia buttermilk and chedder buscuit with 1 TBSP egg beaters and 1 TBSP almond milk. Mix well and cook for 30sec. Then mix again and it should be all dough like
- Once the liquid is thinkened or about half way gone add in your chicken
- Add your dumplings in with a 1 tsp spoon and then add in your water and bring that to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling turn down the heat some, cover and let simmer for about 15min.
* be sure to eat 2 more oz of protein sometime before the day is over ☺️