There is a video going around Facebook about this and so I had to make it plan approved!
What you need…
- 1 Spaghetti squash
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 cup No salt Chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tspChipotle seasoning
- 4 oz ground turkey or 4 oz diced grilled chicken
- 2 oz low fat Mexican cheese
- Or skip the meat and do 1.5 cup low fat cheese
How to make it…
- Start out by poking holes in the squash and cooking in the microwave 6min then flip over and do another 6. It should come out extremely hot and swishy like. If it’s still hard do another 3 min at a time.
- While that’s going on let’s make the enchilada sauce. Blend your tomato paste, rotel, chipotle seasoning, and chicken broth together.
- Heat on stove until boiling and then turn the heat down to simmer.
- NOTE: This will make 3 servings of 1/2 cup. which is 1/3 greens and 1/3 condiment.
- Once your squash has cooled cut it open and scrap the guts out then shred up the squash.
- Scoop the squash into another bowl so that the squash bowl is basically just the skin
- No place either 1 1/4 cups of squash back into the bowl or place 1 cup back into the bowl. It really depends on how much sauce you want. *1 cup squash you can have 1 cup sauce, 1 1/4 cups squash you can have 1/2 cup sauce.
- Make a bowl with the squash you placed back into the bowl
- Now if you want the 1 cup of sauce place 1/2cup of sauce now
- Now place 4oz of your choice of cooked meat (I did turkey with taco seasoning). If you choose to do just cheese place your sauce on the squash first.
- Now place 1/2 cup of sauce. Or your second cup of sauce if you choose the 1 cup option
- Now top with cheese
- Bake on 400° until cheese is all bubble (15 ish min)
If you went with the turkey or chicken you are allowed 1 healthy fat. *1 complete lean and green, 1/3 condiment, 1healthy fat
If you went with just cheese we aren’t allowed a healthy fat *1 complete lean and green, 1/3 condiment
*if you went with 1 cup sauce it’s 2/3 of a condiment used.
*you actually have just a tad over on greens but not a ton just maybe 1/16