This is one of my all time fall favorites. I’m so happy to have it healthy now!
What you need…
- 1 cup crushed or purée tomatoes
- 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 3oz ricotta
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Basil dry or up to 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- A pinch of Garlic powder, red pepper flakes,sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- A splash of almond milk
- 1 optavia biscuit
- 2oz mozzarella shredded cheese
How to make it…
- Mix your biscuit like it says on the back then spread it out into a sprayed pan then shape thin rectangul shape. Bake for 16 min on 350°
- Place your tomatoes, spices, and broth in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling bring to a simmer and add your almond milk and ricotta cheese. Mix well and let simmer for 15 min
- Once your bread is done place 2oz of mozzarella cheese on top (I sprinkled some Italian seasoning on top)
- toast the cheese until melted. Then Cut and place each half together
***If you don’t want to add ricotta then you’ll need to add 3oz of some other lean sometime in the day.