I was a little on the I don’t know how good this will be side…. but it’s actually pretty good and I’m not a huge curry lover.
What you need…
- 7oz shrimp
- 20 pistachios
- 1/2 acorn squash
- 2TBSP pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp curry (red for bold flavor, yellow for mild flovor)
- A pinch of ginger, garlic powder, chili powder, parsley
How to make it…
- Poke holes all over your acorn squash and cook in the microwave for 6min
- Once it’s softened slice open and scrap the seeds out.
- Now scrap the insides of the squash out and purée it in the blender.
- Now take that out and measure 1.5 cups. (The bigger the squash the better but if it’s a small acorn squash you may need both sides to fill 1.5 cups)
- Combine your purée squash, pumpkin, liquid ingredients and your spices on a pan and bring to a boil then turn the heat down and let simmer.
- Now in a separate pan place the shrimp and dash of curry and pistachios and cook until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Now place the shrimp and pistachios in the squash soup
This is a complete lean and green, 2 healthy fats, 3condiments. (If you need to save on condiments you can take the pumpkin out but it really gives it a nice flavor)