lol Seriously this demolished my taco craving!!!! Wow and those cheese shells are to die for!
What you need
- Cheese slices (not thin) I bought chipotle cheddar
- 7oz cod (should be 5oz after cooking)
- 1 cup Shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes or 1 can Petite diced
- 1 slice of a red onion when chopped it should come to 1TBSP or less is ok
- 1 tbsp of approved dressing (I used the poblano and avocado dressing)
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- Garlic powder or minced garlic
- 1oz avocado
- 1 lime
How to make it
- Let’s mix up the toppings so they can chill in the icebox while you cook
- Mix your tomatoes, 1/2 your chopped onion, jalapeño(however much you like) and 1 small wedge of lime juice…. a pinch of cumin and garlic powder or 1/2 tsp minced garlic. Cover and chill
- Mix your caggabe and salad dressing together. Cover and chill
- Now let’s move on to the fish! Place your fish on a heated stove top that has been sprayed with Pam
- Place the other half of your chopped onion, some more garlic, a dash of cumin, and 1 more wedge of lime juice and lime zest from that same wedge. Cook until it’s nice and flakey 🙂
- Once that is done set aside or you can do this while you cook your fish
- On parchment paper or sprayed foil place 4 of your cheese and bake at 400° for about 10 min. Check at 6,8,10min. You don’t want them to get crispy while in the oven or you will have to start over.
- Once they are good and melted. They should be golden, bubbley and thin looking.
- Let them cool just a bit so that you can easily peel them away with a spatula.
- Set them on a roller pin or the side of a thick baking dish to get that taco shape
- Once those are cooled off they should be hard but not easily broken
- Fill your tacos with fish, 1/2 your cabbage mixer, 1/4 of the tomatoes mixer and then 1 slice of avocado
- Now mix the other half of your cabbage with 1/4 of the tomato mixture and bam you got a little cabbage salad to go with the tacos!
My shells where crispy but not crunchy and dry. They weren’t chewy either absolutely perfect!
This is 1 complete lean and green, 2 healthy fats, 2ish condiments (I counted the onion and the lime as condiments…. I know you shroud count slices but I don’t 😬 don’t tell)